A Sustainable MCC
Matching Conservation Abroad with Innovation at Headquarters
MCC believes that energy and resource conservation reflect its core values, a commitment to sustainability, and a responsibility to be good stewards of the U.S. Government funding the agency receives. The agency is committed to meeting applicable environmental and energy statutes, regulations, and executive orders, both at its headquarters building and in its country operations, and to finding ways to reduce costs and energy usage whenever possible.
MCC Headquarters Conservation Plan
MCC has taken the following steps to reduce the impact and costs associated with its headquarters operations on the environment:
- Operates network printers with a default setting of duplex (double-sided) printing
- Uses environmentally-preferable soy-based inks
- Uses 100 percent post-consumer recycled paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council
- Maintains a lease on a LEED Gold-certified and Energy Star-labeled headquarters building
- Offers commuter subsidies to encourage use of public transportation and bicycle sharing services
- Participates in recycling programs with vendors, including toner and electronics recycling
Going forward, MCC is committed to systematically addressing energy, travel and overall consumption impacts on the environment. Building on these efforts, MCC has already begun working to engage on our longer-term goals, including offsetting carbon emissions, practicing green procurement and enhancing recycling efforts.
These efforts are consistent with MCC’s core commitment to sustainability and with aligning MCC headquarter operations with the federal government’s efforts to increase energy efficiency and conservation within the federal bureaucracy.
MCC’s Executive Fleet Vehicles
In compliance with the Presidential Memorandum — Federal Fleet Performance, May 24, 2011 and the General Services Administration Bulletin FMR B-32 Motor Vehicle Management, MCC hereby discloses that MCC maintains an Executive Fleet as set forth below:
- Total Executive Fleet: One (1) vehicle
- Make: Chevy
- Model: Tahoe
- Year of Manufacture: 2016
- Fuel Type: Hybrid electric
- Office: Washington, DC